Here are a few pictures from our latest installation for a subdivision. The wastewater is collected in a septic tank and liquids are sent to a textile filter that recirculates and treats the wastewater to a high level. Then the wastewater is used for irrigation in a field. This provides treatment of the wastewater to be recharged back to the groundwater basin.
Give us a call if you need a wastewater solution. We provide treatment systems from 200 gallons per day to 1 MGD.
Southern Water and Soil, Inc., installed new tanks for a mobile home park that was adding 6 new homes to the park.
Installing septic tanks requires the right equipment at the right time. There are many factors that can make an installation go wrong. If the groundwater is too high then the ground may have to be dewattered. This can add 3,000 dollars to the project in a hurry.
Adding water to the tanks is very important to keep the septic tank from floating out of the ground. This also provides stability to the tanks after getting them set in place.
If you need a new septic system installed then don’t hesitate to give us a call. We can make sure you get the best product for your installation.
Southern Water and Soil, Inc., recently installed a new septic system for a RV Park in Dade City, Florida. SWS engineered the septic system, installed the septic system, and maintains the septic system. Providing a one-stop shop for the septic system needs helps SWS stay ahead of the competion.
SWS installs innovative and cost effective septic systems that work and save our clients money. Septic system design and engineering is very important to the functioning of the septic system. Providing education to the customer about their septic tank is what we strive to do. If you have questions about your septic system or would like a professional to explain the options for your septic needs then call SWS.
Through the use of Geoflow drip irrigation, Norweco treatment systems, filters by Bear Onsite, controls by Orenco Systems, and other design considerations SWS provides solid septic system design and installations.
This installation was quite tedious because we had to permit the system through the Florida’s Bureau of Onsite Sewage and the Pasco County Health Department. SWS provided the owner’s with septic engineering and permitting. Prior to permitting and engineering SWS was able to provide the owner’s with a construction cost. This helps the owner’s determine the best options for their septic system needs.
The treatment tanks were installed and the existing plumbing was tied into the new treatment system. This septic system added additional capacity for the RV Park. Now as other septic tanks in the facility begin to fail these systems are added to the new system through a modification permit.
Another note is that the drainfield dispersal using drip irrigation is very flexible. We were able to install the drip system around the trees that were onsite. Geoflow drip irrigation has a patened technology that can keep the roots from getting into the drip emitters.
So, if you want a septic system designed to last and expect quality septic parts and pieces to be installed. Then have SWS design and install your septic system.
Southern Water and Soil, Inc., is located in Zephyrhills, Florida. If you are looking for all the options to your septic system needs then give SWS a call.
SWS installs drip irrigation systems for septic systems for several reasons:
1. Tight lot
2. Lower mound height
3. Extended drain field life
SWS installs new septic systems and replacement septic systems. Using quality septic parts is what SWS does. SWS installs products by Infiltrator, Orenco, Norweco, Geoflow, Bear Onsite, Tuf-Tite, Barnes, Sta-Rite, and other brands.
SWS proudly serves Zephyrhills, Dade City, Wesley Chapel, Land of Lakes, Lutz, Odessa, Thonotosassa, and Plant City.
This week we were working on two convenience stores that had been repaired in the last three years. The company had trusted the previous company to repair the system properly. One system had a tank that was cracked and the other system had risers and lids that leaked.
It pays to inspect what you are paying for when you higher a contractor. This got by the County Health Inspector. This riser had cracks in riser itself and it was not properly attached to the tank. This can cause a huge problem because when the seasonal high ground water table is higher than the interface of where the riser meets the tank then excess water leaks into the tank and is pumped into the drainfield. In this instance it caused the premature failure of the drainfield. If someone is installing a drainfield that it should last a lot longer than 3 years. Diagosing these failures properly is what you pay a good contractor to do.
The installation of dual alternating septic pumps is a requirement on systems over 500 gpd on commercial septic systems and residential systems over 2000 square feet. It is not a bad idea to have a built in redundancy for systems. We can design a system for a redundant or lag pump in the event of a main pump failure. We can make it so that you will get an alarm; however, the system will continue to function with the lag pump.
Installing commercial filters can improve the efficiency of the filtering depending on which filter you purchase. SWS carries filters from Tuf-Tite, Orenco, and Bear Onsite. These filters have been proving over time to provide excellent effluent filtering capabilities. There is a lot of science on effluent filters. The two main factors that affect the filtering capabilities is the pore size of the effluent filter and the amount of surface area that the filter has. The larger to orrifice size on the filter the more sludge that can enter the drainfield. The amount of surface area that the filter has determines the cleaning interval. So, the better filters have smaller pore size and more surface area. If you have small pore size and small surface area then the filter clogs too quickly.
When it comes to septic system design and diagnostics allow the professional team and Southern Water and Soil, Inc., provide you with excellent service.
Southern Water and Soil, Inc., provides septic service to the Tampa Bay Area. SWS strives to provide it’s clients with the best septic system solutions that are possible. The owner is Greg Mayfield and he is a former Florida Department of Health inspector. He has been fully trained and understand s the problems that plague drain fields, leach beds, and septic tanks. Providing sound solutions based on regulatory experience is what SWS brings to the table for their clients.
Southern Water and Soil, Inc., can help you with your septic problems. Whether you need a drainfield design, a septic system soil evaluation or percolation test, septic system cost, engineer designed septic system, septic drip irrigation system, low pressure dosing septic system, or other septic system needs, then SWS can help you!
If you need a septic tank or drainfield replacement then SWS has the septic system options for you. If everyone is quoting you septic system mounds then look at septic alternatives like drip irrigation. SWS uses Geoflow Systems drip irrigation systems. If your septic system requires nitrogen reducing septic systems then SWS has the solutions for you.
Florida septic contractor that serves residential and commercial clients. Southern Water and Soil, Inc., serves all of Florida with commercial and engineered septic systems and the Tampa Bay Area with residential septic services. If you need a septic system designed, engineered, installed, or maintained then call the experts. SWS has installed performance based septic systems, drip irrigation systems, nitrogen reducing systems, mound septic systems, low pressure dosing septic systems, timed dosed septic systems, and many other types of septic systems.
Please give SWS a shot at your septic business and you won’t regret it! SWS takes pride in what they do. We want to make our customers satisfied and refer us out! Give us a call 813-785-0500.
We get many calls on how much a septic system installation cost will be. There are many factors that affect the cost of your septic system. We will discuss some of these factors here today:
1. Soil Conditions – The type of soil that is at your property is very much a concern. Soils can vary from lot to lot. If your lot is large it can vary 20-30 feet away. It is important to have a soil test done exactly where the system is going to be installed. Soils can change the cost of your septic system by thousands of dollars. We have had excavations that have had to be excavated to 6-7 feet below grade. This can influence the type of septic that can be installed. There are alternative septic systems that can be installed that can reduce mound heights.
2. Seasonal High Water Table – Where the seasonal high water table is located influences the height of your septic system. A high water table increases the height of where we can install the septic system. This change in height creates added cost due to septic sand being brought onto the site. We have seen added costs to the tune of $10,000. If you are purchasing land that is on septic a site suitability would be a prudent thing to do.
3. Septic System Products – The type of septic system products that you choose can affect the cost. Optional items can be purchased that increase the cost of the system. However, there are many beneficial products that keep maintenance costs down. There are many types of tanks, effluent filters, pumps, drainfield products, and control panels. It is important to know what kind of product is being installed. SWS will educate you on the type of products that can be used on your system and cost differences.
4. Septic and Drainfield Design – If the septic system is an engineered system then the type of design can affect the septic system cost. Most engineers are not experienced enough in septic systems to value engineer the septic system. At SWS we are an engineered septic contractor. We are a design-build-operate company. We want the system to function properly and effectively. Southern Water and Soil, Inc., is a registered septic tank contractor and septic system engineering company located in Tampa, FL. We provide cost effective septic designs and solutions. When value engineering is a concern SWS is on top of it. SWS educates the owner as to the septic system options. Whether it is a conventional in-ground septic system, mounded septic system, aerobic system, drip system, or low pressure dosing system SWS can get it done.
5. Building Size – The size of your structure has an influence on the cost of the septic system. The Florida Department of Health dictates the sizes of the septic system in the Florida Administrative Code. The larger the home or office the more the septic system will cost due to the system being sized larger.
6. Number of Persons – The number of people that the system services affects the size of the septic system. A system designed for a 1 bedroom home and 2 people can be smaller than a 6 bedroom home serving 6 people.
If you are thinking about having a new septic system installed in the Tampa, Florida are then call the septic system experts at Southern Water and Soil, Inc.
Southern Water and Soil, Inc., was asked to help install a car wash recycling system for a plumbing company that we work with. As part of the installation we installed an oil-water separator and sampling basin. SWS installed 3 – 1500 gallon H20 rated traffic bearing structures to complete the system.
To top off the difficulty we had to fit all of this in an existing building with only 23 feet of clearance.
Tight spots and small lots has been Southern Water and Soil’s specialty. If it can be done SWS can do it.
If you are looking for a septic or wastewater engineering company in Florida then look no further. Southern Water and Soil, Inc., is an engineering and contracting firm located near Tampa, Florida. SWS has expertise in septic and watewater treatment systems. We have designed and built many types of wastewater treatment systems from Florida to North Carolina.
SWS staff has experience with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection and the Florida Department of Health. We have designed and installed systems from 200 gallons to 80,000 gallons.
We have designed and installed wastewater treatment systems for fast food restaurants, churches, schools, retail strip centers, assisted living facilities, mobile home parks, RV parks, migrant labor camps, housing developments, clustered systems, beach front homes, gas stations.
If you have wastewater or septic engineering that you need help solving then allow SWS to provide you our watewater solutions.