We recently completed a project in Lutz, Florida. Another company tried an alternative drainfield repair using an aeration unit. The drainfield was not functioning. So we had to excavate the bad drainfield and the bad soil and haul it away. We replaced the bad soil with washed septic sand. This is a must for a properly designed septic system.
Proper drainage of the septic system requires a soil test to determine what the soil loading rate is for the native soils onsite. Once the size is determined the bad soil is removed and good soil is placed to aid in the drainage.
Once the the drainfield has been installed it is time for the Health Department to inspect the system and determine if the construction was done properly. Covering the system requires the right equipment to be used. We use track machines to lessen the load on the soil.
When SWS covers we haul away any debris and have your site ready for your landscaping to be re-installed. If you don’t have a local landscaper we can recommend a company or two.
If you are in the Tampa Area and need a new septic or drainfield then give us a call at 813-785-0500.
If you are considering doing a septic or drainfield repair then the dry season is the time consider doing the repair. When the soil is drier there is less damage done to the soil. Wet soils cause smearing and sealing of the soil and drainfield interface.
Septic repair options for high water table situations require a properly designed septic system. Properly installed septic systems is important too, if not more important. If the water table is too high dewatering might be required to install your septic system properly.
Southern Water and Soil provides septic systems that are properly designed and take into account factors affecting the function of the septic system. Providing the septic design and installation provides a consensus on what is being done on the property that will work. You want a septic company that has been properly trained on different septic systems.
Properly designed septic systems will include soil evaluations that provide adequate drainfield for the structure and use of the system.
Give SWS a call to discuss your systems needs. Phone: 813-785-0500
Southern Water and Soil, Inc., recently installed a new septic system for a RV Park in Dade City, Florida. SWS engineered the septic system, installed the septic system, and maintains the septic system. Providing a one-stop shop for the septic system needs helps SWS stay ahead of the competion.
SWS installs innovative and cost effective septic systems that work and save our clients money. Septic system design and engineering is very important to the functioning of the septic system. Providing education to the customer about their septic tank is what we strive to do. If you have questions about your septic system or would like a professional to explain the options for your septic needs then call SWS.
Through the use of Geoflow drip irrigation, Norweco treatment systems, filters by Bear Onsite, controls by Orenco Systems, and other design considerations SWS provides solid septic system design and installations.
This installation was quite tedious because we had to permit the system through the Florida’s Bureau of Onsite Sewage and the Pasco County Health Department. SWS provided the owner’s with septic engineering and permitting. Prior to permitting and engineering SWS was able to provide the owner’s with a construction cost. This helps the owner’s determine the best options for their septic system needs.
The treatment tanks were installed and the existing plumbing was tied into the new treatment system. This septic system added additional capacity for the RV Park. Now as other septic tanks in the facility begin to fail these systems are added to the new system through a modification permit.
Another note is that the drainfield dispersal using drip irrigation is very flexible. We were able to install the drip system around the trees that were onsite. Geoflow drip irrigation has a patened technology that can keep the roots from getting into the drip emitters.
So, if you want a septic system designed to last and expect quality septic parts and pieces to be installed. Then have SWS design and install your septic system.
Are you having septic system drain field problems? Do you have drains that are backing up or a mushy soft spot in the yard? If so, then have the experts at Southern Water and Soil, Inc., take a look at the problem and see what is going on with your septic system. Many times customers call us and ask questions regarding their septic system issues. Drainfield problems can cause problems such as plumbing that backs up or smells in and around the drainfield itself. Drainfield failures can be caused by many different issues. So, let the guys at SWS take a look and find out what is troubling your septic system.
During a septic system installation soil that is unsuitable for septic effluent drainage must be excavated. Also, old drainfield will need to be removed in order for the system to percolate through the soil. A picture below shows an excavation that is ready for the health departments inspection. SWS wants the septic system to function properly and this is an important step in the installation process.
A proper excavation must be completed by the septic tank contractor to properly bed the drainfield product and provide a system that will function over time. Discuss your septic problems with competent staff at SWS and see what other precautions need to be maintained.
Preparing the drainfield bed to the proper height is required. If a seasonal high water table is encountered or a limiting soil layer can impact the height of your septic system. We get questions all the time from customers about why their septic system is too high. We go over their septic system requirements and provide alternative septic solutions to lower their septic system. Some of the options include alternative locations, Geoflow drip irrigation, Norweco Treatment Systems, ATU’s, and low profile Infiltrator chambers and PTI Multi-Pipe systems. SWS can design and engineer your septic system after you have made an educated decision on the options that are out there for your system.
PTI Multi Pipe and Infiltrator Chambers are an example of systems that receive a reduction in height from 12″ to 8″. This provides a 4″ reduction in the height of the septic system. Geoflow Drip Irrigation is an engineered septic system that reduces the drainfield size on height and overall dimensions. Drip irrigation reduces the height by 11.5″ due to product only being 0.5″ in height. If you are looking for septic system mound height reductions or septic system aerial size reductions then let SWS go over the different options for you.
If you want all your septic system options and someone that doesn’t mind discussing your septic issues then give SWS a call and we can discuss your septic and drainfield problems. Call us today! 813-785-0500
This is a drainfield replacement SWS completed this past week. We excavated the old drainfield and bad soil underneath the old drainfield. We then hauled fine sand to replace the bad soil. We then installed 500 Square feet in trenches. Southern Water and Soil, Inc., focuses on installing quality products and standing behind our systems.
Travis makes sure that the proper elevation and drainline separation is maintained. There are many code requirements that that have to be adhered to.
Jeremy is using a laser level to check the elevation and insure the proper fall and grade is obtained. We don’t want too much fall.
We make sure that there is a consistent grade and each chamber is set perfectly.
Please give SWS your septic business. We want the best system for you. Give us a call and discuss your septic problems today.
We get many calls on how much a septic system installation cost will be. There are many factors that affect the cost of your septic system. We will discuss some of these factors here today:
1. Soil Conditions – The type of soil that is at your property is very much a concern. Soils can vary from lot to lot. If your lot is large it can vary 20-30 feet away. It is important to have a soil test done exactly where the system is going to be installed. Soils can change the cost of your septic system by thousands of dollars. We have had excavations that have had to be excavated to 6-7 feet below grade. This can influence the type of septic that can be installed. There are alternative septic systems that can be installed that can reduce mound heights.
2. Seasonal High Water Table – Where the seasonal high water table is located influences the height of your septic system. A high water table increases the height of where we can install the septic system. This change in height creates added cost due to septic sand being brought onto the site. We have seen added costs to the tune of $10,000. If you are purchasing land that is on septic a site suitability would be a prudent thing to do.
3. Septic System Products – The type of septic system products that you choose can affect the cost. Optional items can be purchased that increase the cost of the system. However, there are many beneficial products that keep maintenance costs down. There are many types of tanks, effluent filters, pumps, drainfield products, and control panels. It is important to know what kind of product is being installed. SWS will educate you on the type of products that can be used on your system and cost differences.
4. Septic and Drainfield Design – If the septic system is an engineered system then the type of design can affect the septic system cost. Most engineers are not experienced enough in septic systems to value engineer the septic system. At SWS we are an engineered septic contractor. We are a design-build-operate company. We want the system to function properly and effectively. Southern Water and Soil, Inc., is a registered septic tank contractor and septic system engineering company located in Tampa, FL. We provide cost effective septic designs and solutions. When value engineering is a concern SWS is on top of it. SWS educates the owner as to the septic system options. Whether it is a conventional in-ground septic system, mounded septic system, aerobic system, drip system, or low pressure dosing system SWS can get it done.
5. Building Size – The size of your structure has an influence on the cost of the septic system. The Florida Department of Health dictates the sizes of the septic system in the Florida Administrative Code. The larger the home or office the more the septic system will cost due to the system being sized larger.
6. Number of Persons – The number of people that the system services affects the size of the septic system. A system designed for a 1 bedroom home and 2 people can be smaller than a 6 bedroom home serving 6 people.
If you are thinking about having a new septic system installed in the Tampa, Florida are then call the septic system experts at Southern Water and Soil, Inc.